Sustainability at LafargeHolcim
Climate change, population growth, business ethics, sustainable urban development and resource scarcity: today’s and tomorrow’s challenges require pan-international actions. Our sustainability approach capitalizes on LafargeHolcim’s worldwide presence to provide solutions towards meeting these social, environmental and stakeholder challenges, with one clear goal: to create shared value with society.
LafargeHolcim’s objective is to create shared value within society, which is focused through four key fields of action: protecting the climate throughout the entire construction chain, developing innovative products and solutions for building energy efficiency, promoting a business model that preserves and optimizes natural resources and furthers the development of communities.
Create shared value with society
- Leadership in specific CO2 emissions among major international companies.
- Generate, monitor and report greenhouse gas (GHG) savings through the value chain from sustainable portfolio.
- Proactively engage with stakeholders at all levels.
- Apply environmental and social performance and transparency standards, internally and through our supply chain.
- Work with other leaders in the construction value chain to develop new solutions.
- Develop culture of workplace inclusiveness and employee development programs.
- Human rights, improving lives, community development.
- Low CO2 cements.
- Recycled aggregates including demolition waste.
- Sustainable concrete solutions (e.g. pervious concrete, insulating concrete systems & solutions, low CO2 concrete, concrete with high recycled content).
- Enhance quality of life through inclusive business models.
- Provide “Geocycle” service and increase the use of biomass.
- Implement active water basin and water use management and deliver water to communities in water-scarce areas.
- Implement a consistent and robust rehabilitation and biodiversity management at all extraction sites.