Your application is the key to a successful career change with Holcim. The application that you submit is your opportunity to be noticed within a short time. The application should consist of a motivation letter, resume/CV and letters of reference.
Motivation letter. In the motivation letter you need to highlight key skills, background, experiences, and competencies that make you the ideal candidate for the position. It should be specific to the position for which you are applying. So, look carefully at the job ad for what we are looking for. Answer the following guiding questions in your letter:
- Why are you interested in working with Holcim?
- Why are you interested in the position?
- What makes you the ideal candidate for the position?
CV/Resume. Your CV/resume is key to a good application with the one specific purpose: to win an interview. Your resume should be well structured, orderly, precise, complete and not too long. It highlights your education, qualification, and work experience. Make sure you cover the following information:
- Personal information. Include your name and contact details in the CV/resume (email, phone, residence address)
- Work experiences. List your previous positions and duration of employement with each company. Also provide concise important accomplishments in the roles impact of your efforts in your company/functions.
- Organizational experiences. Provide information about the organization you have followed. Describe your position in the organization as well as incumbency.
- Education. Your resume should accurately reflect your academic achievements and accomplishments. Provide full name of the institutions attended, degrees conferred and final grades.