- Research as much as you can about Holcim as a company. Familiarize yourself with the position you applied for, including tasks and responsibilities. Be prepared to articulate why you are the right person for the role and how you might fit into the company.
- Know the information stated in your CV/resume. You should not be caught by surprise when asked anything included there.
- Gather as much information as possible about the interview, such as date, time, location, type of the interview, duration, and participants from Holcim.
Be open, proactive, and honest
- We encourage you to actively participate in the interview. We want to know your ideas, interests, and experiences.
- The interview should be a two-way conversation because you should make sure that Holcim is a right company for you. So ask questions that matter to you. Prepare a list with all your questions that couldn't be answered during your research and bring them to the interview. Don't be afraid to ask questions about our organization, our clients, strategy, values, the opportunities we can offer and what you can expect from us.
- If you have prepared yourself, there is no reason to be nervous. Try to relax and remember that we are interested in the "real" you.
- Avoid over-rehearsing, as it may come across impersonal. Be positive, be confident, but never over-confident. Smile and be yourself.
Be punctual and professional
- Be there five to ten minutes before the scheduled interview. If you are running late, call your interviewer and explain why.
- Take pride in your presentation. Remember to dress for the occasion.
Don't forget: you're not the only one who wants to show your best side - we do too.